"I love you as certain dark things are to be
loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul." - Pablo Neruda



JENNIFER GUZMÀN






1.04.2011

Santorini, agapi mou!


This was a commission completed in the late summer of 2010. This one really had my heart in it. The patrons, as well as myself, have had the privilege to travel to the beautiful country, the beautiful island and light that is Greece. This is the composition, colors and shapes that makes me feel like I'm actually there and walking on those cobble stones, with view after view each angle, and the bluest of oceans, everyday. I'm glad, that I will always have this image that contains the piece of my heart I've given to Greece and all the memories...

I will have to upload some paintings from my summer study abroad in Greece 2008, because they truly are, perhaps, my most favorite paintings. Ironically, the ones without people in them, but its the light and the churches, the spirit of a country I feel madly more in love with every second I was there.

I never get tired of glancing at those little day paintings...

Acrylic on paper.

No comments: