"I love you as certain dark things are to be
loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul." - Pablo Neruda



JENNIFER GUZMÀN






5.17.2010

Graduation... this is love.

Hi World, so both in terms of my personal and professional life here, I officially graduate in under 12hrs, from Maryland Institute Collage of Art (MICA)!

It is so hard to believe, but apparently I have put in enough work that this day has rapidly become a reality. So many have put in help and faith in me that without that, I probably would not be proclaiming before you today that I will have an BFA (bachelors of fine arts).

This is not only for me. It is so gratifying knowing that my father has so much joy and pride, and faith in me, and that every dollar he owns is my own dollar. This love, I have recognized after all these years, is the greatest thing in the world. I have immense love for my parents, for the rice & beans that Mommy makes that keeps my tummy & my heart fulfilled, and all the amazing teachers that work on nurturing out out greatest potential. To all those people I've crossed paths with, thank you. And although there is fear of these unknown possibilities for the nest year to come, for my life to come, I am fearless. Great possibilities have came true; I can say with great belief that anything is possible, and if it doesn't, it is not meant to be. But there is no reason for me not to succeed. This milestone is fact of what I am and my potential.

World, just know that I am here and I carry a love of hope with me.

Mucho amor, y siempre,
Jennifer Guzman.

No comments: