"I love you as certain dark things are to be
loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul." - Pablo Neruda



JENNIFER GUZMÀN






4.23.2010

Royal, Majestic kingdoms







Spain
That lavish Spaniard lace, the Quetzal bird of Mexico, that red that the Spaniards marked their presence with in the Americas, that mustard yellow rose...




Greece
The Athenian owl, the Olive wreath, the greek key...
 Italy
The Florentine symbol, the city pidgeons, the Ponte Vecchio, the famous bridge of Florence with houses atop...














A triptych of three countries that I admire in their personal embodiments of icons and historical civilizations. These three countries I have had the opportunity to visit in my study abroad a year ago, Spain and Italy, and Greece the summer prior to that. I am trying to find a balance between illustrative images with my illustration and the patterning complexities that can derive from printmaking by trying to think more with a 'textile' mentality.... 

I want to live in Spain, on a balcony, near a beach, salsa music on repeat, brushes at hand, batman car parked below; that is the dream.

No comments: